Saturday, February 21, 2015

Diner in the Desert

Last fall I went to visit a friend in the Mojave Desert.
While out there, we explored and drove around looking for cool stuff to take photos of and this was one of the spots we stopped at.

This place is owned by some studio and is used for TV and movies.
If you watch NCIS, then you might recognize it as the place where Director Jenny Shepard met her fate in a shootout.

While we were the making photos, some burly looking "bouncer" dude came out and told us we couldn't make pictures of the place.  He especially didn't like my pinhole camera, mainly because it was on a tripod.
Oddly, he didn't care if we made images with our cell phone cameras.

Anyway, while my friend Erin distracted him with the cell phone, I made a couple of pinhole images of the place with my Zero Image 2000 and some Kodak Ektar 100.

Hope you like!


The sky was really nice that day!  I need to go back!

1 comment:

  1. That Ektar nicely handled the sky. Also clever of you to take along a sacrificial companion.
    I've used quite a lot of cheap lomography 100 in both 35mm and 120 lately, and processed in Unicolor. I'm happy with the results, but haven't tried it with pinhole yet.

    ReplyDelete