Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A fine day at the refuge

The Bosque del Apache Wildlife Refuge near Socorro, New Mexico is one of my favorite places to visit in the winter.  Lots of birds overwinter here and today there were a bunch of birds, wild turkeys, geese, Sandhill cranes, Eagles, doves, and lots of ducks....but none of them sat long enough for a pinhole...
This is a photo of one of the many canals that supply water to the various large lakes on the refuge.
Harman direct positive paper exposed for 60 seconds, then dunked in caffenol for about 4 minutes.  I love the effect the coffee developer has on this paper.

Oh, and just a reminder that Worldwide Pinhole Day is April 28th this year. 
Plus, I'm building another "Palomino" style pinhole camera, but this one will be 5 x 7.  As soon as I get a usable film holder for it, I'll start building.

No comments:

Post a Comment