Thursday, January 17, 2013

keeping it simple for 2013

One of my goals for 2013 is to live an uncomplicated life.
My life in the mountains is already pretty simple.  I live in a small unassuming house, heat it with firewood when it's cold in the winter and sleep with the windows open in the summer when it's hot.

To un-complicate my life even more, I'm going to pare down my camera collection (yes I'll be selling a few cameras) and mainly use the Palomino Pinhole this year.

The reason is that  pinhole has always made me the happiest.

Pinhole is simple, yet it takes more thought which might seem contradictory, but honestly- being more thoughtful about making a photo will just make my life easier and simpler because all I have to consider is the subject and not the camera.
 
I want to make images that tell stories, and make you smile and think.

Just me, a light tight box and my surroundings.
Un-complicated!


1 comment:

  1. This is brilliant, I so wish I could "I live in a small unassuming house, heat it with firewood when it's cold in the winter and sleep with the windows open in the summer when it's hot.".

    I'm going to NYC for my birthday, it's such a shame it's so far, it would be great to pop by and say hey, maybe another time.

    ReplyDelete