Saturday, June 16, 2018

more disposable fun

This is the closest thing to a selfie I make... like most photographers, I don't really like being in front of the camera.

This was made at Prada, Marfa near Valentine. Texas.

 This is a funky art place...it's not a walk in store.

Behind the store is a wire panel fence that passersby have put locks on.

Maybe this should just be filed under strange things seen in the desert....these were hanging on the fence on the south side of the Prada building...when I passed by here a week later they were gone.


 Valentine, Texas is quite the metropolis....maybe for Roadrunners and horned lizards perhaps...not so much for people.

all photos made with a Rollei disposable camera I reloaded with Arista Premium 400 film and then sloshed about in caffenol for 8 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. That's a pretty interesting self-portrait with one reflective image inside another. I think self-portraits in the film era generally showed more creativity than one sees now in the digital deluge because the earlier ones required some thoughtfulness to produce. I have a couple books on the subject and there is a series of self-portraits on my blog which spans nearly a decade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't quite sure it would work out on film as I saw it reflected. Disposable cameras can perform admirably if given a chance.

    ReplyDelete