Sunday, June 24, 2018

Trees

If you've spent any time at all reading this blog, then you know I love trees. I may not talk about them much, but they are an integral part of my photography.

I grew up in the piney woods of East Texas and spent countless hours walking, camping or riding horses in the woods there. 

We have beautiful forests here in New Mexico, but they are currently closed due to the extreme fire danger. It's the pits because I'm overdue for a good long walk in the woods.

In the meantime, here's a pinhole photo of some trees I know back home in Texas. 

Reality So Subtle Pinhole
Pan F film dunked in caffenol
 

2 comments:

  1. Nice work with the pinhole. Comparing the thumbnail image to the enlargement got me to thinking about the differences in viewing a print to an on line version. One difference is that the print facilitates a more dynamic viewing experience in that the viewer is likely to move closer or further and more easily appreciate different aspects of a composition. I think that with on line images we tend to view images while rooted to a chair at a fixed distance. Looking at the thumbnail image of the trees I was conscious of the contrasts and the nice rhythmicity of the verticals and negative spaces. The enlargement emphasizes other patterns and details such as those in the fence and the structures of the foliage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Mike, that's an interesting observation. I had never really thought of it that way.

    ReplyDelete