Sunday, January 12, 2014

The Walkaround Pond

When I visited Moab late last year I camped near this pond for 2 weeks.  It was nice to have a watery place to walk around and explore every morning and watch steam drift up off the water in the cold morning air.  Birds would be fishing along the frosty shoreline.

I wish I had a pond like this in my yard at home so I could sit nearby and watch the wildlife visit...and let me tell you, I'd have wildlife visiting because there's nothing watery around these parts for miles!

It's too dry here and having a pond would be a major undertaking, but I am thinking of building a small koi sized pond this summer.  It's just too relaxing to not have one....

The is a pinhole photo made with my converted Holga.



As you can see, I've been dinking around with the design and look of this blog...it may go through a few more changes before I'm happy with the way it looks, but it was time for a change...I hope you like it!


No comments:

Post a Comment