Saturday, March 31, 2018

then this happened...


Yes, this was made while driving down I-40. I wasn't driving, so everything is cool.

This was made with a Zenit E and an Industar  50-2 lens. The camera and the lens are Russian made and quite industrial as has been written before in other blogs.
The thing is I like them both. They are each no nonsense and just get the job done in a no frills way that I rather like. 

The camera came from a fellow filmwasting friend in the UK, and the lens came from Kiev, via the online auction site we all use.

I bought the lens March 9 and it finally arrived yesterday...seems it sat in the Customs bin in Los Angels for two weeks....?
It's a very small lens, that some refer to as pancake...yeah, it's that petite...kinda like a little Disney princess. 

The film was Ilfrod Fp4, which is a dream to use because it is fine grained, develops easy in caffenol, dries, then lays flat in the scanner.  Truly a girls best friend!

The only hiccup with this camera is it has a knuckle busting rewind knob, and if you don't totally disengage the film for rewinding, the camera is notorious for breaking the film.

I only split mine in one place while rewinding so I feel pretty good...and to think this was not my first time using the camera. I'll just have to be more cautious in the future.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Looks like that camera is going to do some good work for you. Nice that it accomodates M-42 lenses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm fairly happy with it...other than it has the ability to shred a film in half...but that's a user quirk to get used to.
    Otherwise I really like the utility of it and the lens renders scenes to my preference.

    ReplyDelete